Eastville Park in Bristol was born out of Heath House Estate, this is a centuries old parkland and was bought by Bristol City Council from Sir Greville Smyth on the 6th of February, 1889. The price was £30,878. A small additional area was purchased in 1894 for £1,227. Many municipal parks were created around this time in all the large cities of Britain. This was in response to the deeply felt need of the people to offer some relief from the appalling squalor and overcrowding that had developed in the previous hundred years and more. Frank Tuckett o Frenchay was instrumental in the purchasing of Eastville Park and used this route to walk to town along the Frome Valley to keep fit, known famously today as The Tuckett Trail as well.
Watch a picture film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2dBeJnOH_Y&feature=youtu.be